Sunday, March 22, 2009

Because I Have Been Given Much


In this day and age where we feel so much of what we have tangible slipping away (401K, housing value, money) it has given me the opportunity to truly reflect on the things which are most priceless that cannot be taken away, no matter where our economy is headed:

-Happy and productive children who think its fun to stay home on Saturday night and make a movie on the computer, laughing, giggling and keeping their little brother very entertained.
-Health and a body that can do all I want it to.  
-A man who still makes my heart swoon (minus the black socks and shorts, practical but oh so wrong)
-Spring!!
-My belief and faith in the Savior and the comfort He can give us through trials.
-Keeping in touch with friends and family through the blogosphere.  
-Love of country - no matter how much we don't like what's going on right now, we are free and have the ability to speak out against what we don't like without fear of retaliation.  

As I get older (and older...) I realize each and every day just what truly is important and how much I have been given.

4 comments:

katyvee said...

Really SWOON?? That's a lucky man to have a little lady that loves him through the bad patches of rosacia!!
Cute post. Today am grateful for the banana bread almost done in the oven.

Julie said...

Swoon when he's all dressed up and cologned and I haven't seen him for 3 days. Thought I'd clarify.

kelly said...

it's nice he still makes you swoon! black socks though, come on you are the fashion queen you can change that!
really though it is good to reflect on how much we have to be grateful for, good kids is a BiGGie! i still have to let you know about the beach house! i will try and figure that out!

Amy Lynn said...

I loved this post! It is true how the difficult times can also be a blessing because they make us slow and down and appreciate the things that are really important! What a compliment that your kids want to be home with you! I dread the day my kids want to be somewhere else...who could be more fun than their mom?