Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Stream of Consciousness

Wish I were better at blogging.  You'd think with only one child at home and a husband gone 75% of the time I'd have more time but, life gets in the way.  Going through each day I have so many thoughts.  May I share?

* I really do not enjoy picking up my dog's poo on our thrice daily walks.  She used to do this little duty in the back yard, but recently we got an electric fence to contain the little monster who was escaping the real fence.  Now, she hates the backyard.  So, I'm not running all over the neighborhood trying to find her anymore but I get to stand by the side of the road while she does her business.

*On those daily walks I've gotten to know my neighborhood quite well.  I pass one house where I know inside is a woman, 35 - mother of 2, dying of cancer.  I so appreciate my body and health each day when I pass her house and say a prayer for her and her family.

*My youngest plays too many video games.  His current favorite is a Spiderman Wii that he paid half of.

*Same youngest has had 3 friends over from school, all girls.

*I am so proud and grateful for my two oldest.  They work so hard in school and at their sports.  They are so good.  I am truly blessed.  (And my girl is coming home for fall break on Thursday - YAY!!)

*My husband is looking at Harleys.  I'm really excited about that.

*I want to renew our vows in August.  25 years.  I'm trying to convince my dearest that it will not be cheezy.

*Andrew's dream of a 10 pound praying mantis will be the basis of a story he has to write for school.

*I tried a TRX class at my gym yesterday.  Awkward, hard and I am so sore today - but I can't wait to go back.  http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/

*Thank goodness for Skype

*Fall clothes are way more fun than summer.

*I found peppermint ice cream at the store tonight.  The holidays are upon us.

I could keep going, but AJ is out of tub and ready to watch Biggest Loser.  Told ya, it would be random.

4 comments:

kelly said...

i wait for your posts! you could post about madeline going to school, what michael is doing etc. etc. and what is this about andrew in school, is he going to school now? i am coming home the end of oct. we need to do lunch!!
and i pick up baxter's poop twice daily. matt won't even do it which is so irresponsible!!

katyvee said...

I LOVED that update. So enjoyable.
I talk too much when we talk-- and I miss these good tidbits of your life.
Let me respond to each and everyone:
*My dog is good to poo on the outer rims of our 1/2 acre yard.. so there's not alot of tennies getting their sole grooves filled too often.. for which I am grateful. I do a pick up skim about once a month.
*I know a woman who's daughter was just killed ina car crash. Makes me hug my kids tighter. We are so blessed everyday that our kids are safe and healthy.
You just reminded me that I want to take dinner.
*Your big kids ARE so good. I sure do love them.
*A HARLEY?? REALLY?? So not Ta-Ja to me! (But not eating carbs used to be so NOT Ta-Ja.. so what do I know??)
*What is TRX-- cause I need to mix it up and get sore more...
*I heart peppermint ice cream. Especially with frozen chocolate chips and cake cone crushed over it.
Mmmmmmm. Bring on the holidays!
*AJ watches Biggest Loser. Hee-hee.

katyvee said...

Oh.
And my kids play too many video games too.
But that's a given, right?

Julie said...

Yes, he's looking at Harleys because his wife really wants him to get one. Just kinda have a thing for it and now he's getting into it.
TRX - google it. It is so hard, but so good. See if any gyms in Logan do it.