Monday, January 12, 2009

On the 12th Day of January...,,

I realized I had not been very good at my New Year's Resolution of being better at keeping my blog updated.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  Seems there were some tech issues and things weren't saving, pics weren't loading, but for right now looks like we're back up.  

After the mad rush of Christmas most of us moms need a break.  Its no easy feat pulling it off.  I, however, have the good fortune to celebrate not 1, not 2 but 3 wonderful bdays, so the party keeps going.  First up was Michael (Dec.27) who left the teenage years behind,  hence now my blog name is legit and I have truly mothered for 20 years.  We were still celebrating Christmas at that point with Pops and Hunny and Kristi and family all came in  so it made Mook's b-day a fun party.  I followed turning a whopping 45 (yes, you heard that right) on New Year's Day and chose Macaroni Grill for my choice of dining that night.  And a movie, SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, with my date,  to end the day.  Finally, Andrew is January 4 and he finally caught up with cousin Ben, turning 7.   Once again, Michael's creative talents came into play creating a cake that would make any 7 year old, Star Wars fan a happy camper.  Andrew chose Darth Sidious and Michael pulled it off.  

For now things have settled down.  So far in January I've taken in a Jackson Pollock exhibition with Michael at the Art Museum, I'm doing my Jillian Michael's Wii Fit dvd every other day (fighting gravity on my aging body),  Andrew and I are keeping on our very unstructured home schooling schedule and we are sooo excited for the return of 24 and American Idol, especially with the frigid weather knocking at our door.  Fun to cozy up at home when its nasty outside.  





5 comments:

katyvee said...

Oh that talented Michael J. What WILL he think of next? Can't wait to show my boys.. they'll ooh and ahh and talk about how skilled Mook is for a good 10 minutes.
Happy Birthday darling Andrew.. I wonder how much SMARTER he'll get THIS year??

kelly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALL ! i really didn't forget just lazy i guess but i was thinking about you- lame i know.
michael should go into cake decorating if he created that, so artistic but it is way different in icing! glad to see a new post:)

katyvee said...

Correction. Is that not Darth "Maul"?

Julie said...

I stand corrected! Got my Star Wars guys mixed up. Did you come up with that one on your own, or did Bo catch that?

Amy Lynn said...

I don't know what to say...you have a fabulous family! I can't believe your son designed that cake. Really. Amazing. And your youngest is 7 years old...and your daughter is so grown up and gorgeous. And so help me if you even look like you are 25 years old. Hand over that "sagging" body...I'd take it!!!! My first memory of you is watching you and Todd kissing in the back seat of the station wagon on the drive to Michigan. I think you were 16 years old and wearing something really cute and pink and I wanted to be you so bad!!!!