Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bye Bye Little Red Truck

Many moons ago (7 +years) Aunt Kristi worked her decorating magic and turned baby Andrew's new room into a cute Pottery Barn red truck wonderland.  This theme has worked perfectly for a LONG time.  Still works actually.  Still cute, still fresh.  But you'll never guess what theme he's wanting now.  Yes, you're right - STAR WARS.  Michael is working his magic now, as we speak.  So pix of that will be coming soon.  

Along with preserving the red truck for posterity, digitally, we also preserved another memory from that room - POO!  Now how might one preserve poo, and why would we do that you ask?  Well, I was getting a massage in my bedroom a few weeks after having Andrew (my visiting teacher was a massage therapist, nice perk!) and Bonnie was in changing Andrew's diaper down the hall, when all of a sudden I hear shrieks of laughter and amazement - seems little guy had quite the explosion that shot across to one wall and into BB's hair a bit.  We thought we had it all cleaned up, but one day I spied the tiniest couple of specks of leftover residue and didn't have the heart to wash it off - not just me, nobody in the family wanted me to.  We'll take any reminder of BB we can get.  Todd carefully cut out the small piece of drywall and it will now find a home with all the other sentimental items we hang onto.  

5 comments:

katyvee said...

I think the drywall piece should go in Memas curio! We are anxiously awaiting the Star Wars art.. on the edge of our seats!

Amy Lynn said...

I'm totally laughing because I can now understand how poo on a wall can be sentimental...even if it is a little bit gross. Good-bye sweet truck room...hello star wars! I may need to borrow Michael for a few days...I've got some rooms that could use a little paint!

kelly said...

i remember the red truck room SO cute but they all grow up,sadly. can't wait to see the start wars room. so poop wall? i'll only give it to you since it had to do with bonnie :) your a germ freak right?

Emma Jo said...

You guys are so funny...I truly see how we all come from the same gene pool (or at least we all swim in that pool!) I can't wait to see the new room! Good by little boy room. May the force be with the decorator.

Oscarson Photography said...

I love that you cut a hole in your wall to preserve a memory involving poo. I love my family.

I too am excited to see what Mike comes up with.