Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chicago, Chicago!!!


My dear hubby has been making to trek for a year and a half now to "The Windy City" (which is not named the Windy City because of the wind, but I digress - you'll have to go on a tour of the Hancock Building to find out why).  I thought it was about time I see where he's been spending his days and nights without his family and meet some of the people he works with.  I headed up with Madeline and Andrew for a few days.   

We had a few highlights, such as:

A visit from our beloved Worthington family -


As mentioned before, the top of the Hancock Building - Not sure I enjoy being 94 stories high, despite the view.  And I know I really wouldn't enjoy this job:


Although Madeline & Andrew had a go at window washing (wink,wink) -
Poor Andrew was a trooper with the amount of SHOPPING we did.  The hotel was on top of a Nordstrom twice the size of our St. Louis store.  Madeline loooved all the "retail therapy" of Michigan Avenue and Andrew usually scoped out the closest chair with his PSP.



And sending us off in style - a limo on the way to the airport.  Andrew dug that!!



4 comments:

kelly said...

fun pics, so nice to see kristi, does she have a blog? did you cut your hair, it is always cute! that seems so exhausting to fly back and forth every week, what we do to support our families! matt went last month and will go again next month for meetings.

Julie said...

No, Kristi doesn't have a blog. My hair is actually long but I had it pulled back that night.

katyvee said...

I love my family!!
You look gorgeous, Ta-Ja looks great .. very svelt.. Andrew is so grown-up it's FREAKIN' me out.. and Luke's hand is freakishly large.
Wish I coulda been there..

Amy Lynn said...

Sign me up for a trip to the Windy City with the Jolly/Worthington clan! How perfectly fun! And you may have just solved the shopping problem with my boys...why didn't that little tidbit occur to me earlier? Although I like to take my boys because they save me lots of money...when the whining starts, we leave!