Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Favorite Things


So, Oprah has her favorite things show.  Well guess what?  I have my favorite things blog post.  It just so happens that some of my 3 favorite things are from some of my 3 favorite people.  They really hit the nail on the head with their Christmas presents this last go around.  

First up, this divine, shimmery, warm (but not too warm for those 40, 50ish days) cutest of cute puffy vest.  From my Katy who did not need to do anything so extravagant, but can I tell you I LIVED IN THIS!  It was so lacking from my wardrobe and it became my best friend over the winter.  



Next up, a battery operated pepper mill, you just turn it upside down and all your meals taste gourmet.  Flavored chunks of pepper instead of tiny, powdery nothing.  You oughta try it.  It's yummy.  Thank you my dear Kristi Worthington.  Love it on my Subway sandwich every day.  


And last, but not least, sticking out of the world's cutest "hugger" is a can of TAB.  I still drink it, the original diet soda.  But how cute is that polka dot holder?  I could pretend it was a hot, summer day during the blah winter.  Thank you Laura, who lives where it is summer all the time, lucky girl.  




As I've been packing away my winter clothes the thought came to me that these 3 things have been with me daily since Christmas.  As excited as I am about spring, I think, come October, I'll be a little more excited to welcome in the cold with my cute, cute jacket waiting for me.

6 comments:

kelly said...

you have sister in laws with good taste! so does that mean that you don't do the mcdonalds soda every day? little root beer and diet coke hmmm? i remember my grandma always had tab and i always hated it, i am a DP girl although try really hard not to drink it:)

Julie said...

No, I still make the McDonald's run every morning. This is my little carbonation respite in the afternoon.

katyvee said...

Nice photo display! So glad I could contribute to the goods. Scoring on something YOU like is big, cause you're the clever and always thoughtful master gift giver yourself...

kelly said...

i will ask all of you next time i need a good gift!

Abby said...

We're on the same wavelength bc I always think I should blog about my favorite things! My childhood picture of you in my head seems to include Tab. I'm sure that company is grateful for your loyalty :)

Amy Lynn said...

Oh, I want those ladies my gift "consulting" list! I always struggle. What fabulous, perfect taste. All of the Jolly girls possess the same uncanny knack for cuteness! :>)